To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Family Love

Mom asked to join me in my hymn sing this morning. We started the the section of hymns celebrating God in nature. Safe, I thought. No lines reminding me of death and eternity.

Wrong.

For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child; friends on earth and friends above; for all gentle thoughts and mild. Lord of all, to Thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.

From For the Beauty of the Earth by Folliott Pierpoint

Yes, our voices just about broke on "parent, child" and "friends above." And we raised our hymn of grateful, and sacrificial, praise.

Jolene is above. And I rejoice in the love we shared on earth.

3 comments:

jaranfranklin said...

No song is safe these days. What beautiful words. I'm glad you both sang it in a spirit of praise.

Mary Connealy said...

Hi, Darlene. This are wonderful words. Thanks for sharing the things that come into your life.

Lynette Sowell said...

That's a beautiful hymn. What hurts is the separation, and the reminder of how fragile life is and how fast time passes. Like I told you the other night, all the time we 'could have' spent together and enjoyed with those we're separated from. And didn't.