To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Final Day

We leave tomorrow to return home. Five days go so quickly.

The day I dreaded the most, Mother's Day, came and went quietly. Mom and I slept in, ate a late breakfast, managed to stuff in delicious food prepared by my dil's family, and returned to the hotel when Jaran went to work. We watched the Survivor finale (one of the best seasons ever, wasn't it, what we got to see of it with everything that happened.)

In fact, yesterday was SO peaceful, that this morning I asked God to let me NOT express the anger that didn't come up yesterday. Aside from literally crying over spilled milk (messed up my portrait outfit), I've been fine. I had a digital portrait taken for future books (smile) and we traveled down Route 66 to the Rock Cafe, the diner whose owner inspired the character "Sally" in the movie Cars, and got back in time for Jaran's evening shift.

And that's all there is for now. Going to eat at the restaurant where Jaran is an assistant manager, pack and shop for a maternity outfit for my dil Shelley. Becoming a grandma is SO much fun!

Tomorrow night, home!

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

I'm so glad you have a peaceful day, Darlene.