To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Friday, May 23, 2008

My son, Jaran, gave me interesting feedback about my post on American Idol. I asked him to share his thoughts with you:

Go David Cook from Tulsa! OK's second American Idol! Mom says I'm like a walking Oklahoma travel brochure. And speaking of OK travels, Mom, Grandma & I ate at the historic Rock Cafe on Route 66 in Stroud, OK two Mondays ago. It recently was recognized as the inspiration for the Pixar movie "Cars," along with it's owner. Well, on Wednesday, it caught fire and roof, everything came down, except the walls. Dawn, the owner, was on the edge of her seat regarding those walls because she figured she couldn't rebuild if they went down. Since they didn't, she's going to bring the Rock Cafe back to life.

The reason I'm posting this is that even if dreams are brought to the ground in ash, they don't have to end. King David declared of our Savior, "In your right hand there are pleasures forever"-Psalm 16:11. Death couldn't hold him back, and we won't be held back by it either. If we remember that at the end of the day, those of us in Messiah will have eternal pleasures, then we can always have hope in our dreams.

No comments: