To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mom's back

Mom is home,safe,sound,relaxed. It's good to have her back.

How did I handle four days of "empty nest"?

I slept well and relaxed and allowed myself some freedom in my normal writing routines. (I think that was as much to avoid the next project as to take a break.)

All without my normal writing buddies, who were on trips or otherwise unavailable. No umbilical phone cords.

I thought about Jolene on the drive home tonight and tried to remember if I had thought of her throughout the day. Not a great deal. Which partly makes me feel guilty, and part of me is thankful that it no longer overwhelms me 24/7. At least not every day.

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

I'm glad you give yourself permission to relax and let things be unstructured sometimes, Darlene. Grief is exhausting.