To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Time

I've always been a very organized person. Organized with my time, that is, although not with my things.

So I was looking at my schedule. Realizing that I am pushing the edge of emotional exhaustion, needing to find more time to rest, to grieve, to attend one of those grief support groups (understand that none of them are terribly close).

It can't be done. I get home at 7 at night, and go to bed between 9-10. In those hours I eat, blog, and unwind with an hour of television. I NEED to relax at night, or else I don't fall asleep easily.

So in the mornings ... working backwards from leaving for work at 11:45 ... I quit writing at 10:45 to take my shower and eat a good lunch.

I want a minimum of three hours writing time. That means ... at the computer by 7:45 at the latest.

Move forward 9 hours rest (and for now I could use more) from 10 PM: 7 a.m.

That gives me 45 minutes to get out of bed and have my quiet time and maybe throw in a load of laundry.

Really, the only thing with any give is my writing time. But I try to hold that time sacred.

God, teach me to number the hours and minutes aright ... show me when to do and when to be. Teach me to trust You when I feel like I must use every minute to meet deadlines.

2 comments:

Lynette Sowell said...

Amen!!! :)

Mary Connealy said...

Life gets hectic and passes so quickly. But you're doing a lot with it, Darlene.