To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sign of the Times

Colorado is in the midst of a record-breaking heat wave.

Our annual visitors must not have checked the weather reports. Although it's still July, a flock of Canadian geese has returned. A reminder that although we're enduring day after day of 90+ degree weather, cooler weather will arrive and provide relief.

I'm holding on that image. This week soul-crushing grief has returned, reducing me to tears and even worse, whining. I knew pain would return; I didn't expect it to be so intense. Well, it is. And I'm ashamed of the things I've been thinking and feeling. Not the grief, but the selfishness that comes with it. (Did any of you see the animated movie where one of the characters said "It's all about me"? Jolene had a T-shirt with that slogan on it. Yet another reminder. Well, that's how I'm feeling these days.)

But just as the geese remind me that the heat can't last forever, I know this pain will also pass.

4 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

I have no wisdom for you, Darlene. I can only say I'm keeping you in my prayers. God bless you.

Mary Connealy said...

I'm thinking of you, today.

Ruthie said...

Keep looking up! This too will pass. (Things my Dad used to say).
Hugs and prayers.

Mary Connealy said...

Happy birthday. I'm thinking of you.