To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Guilty Thoughts

Today I had a thought that made me feel guilty--at least in passing.

Between Mom's upcoming surgery, three books to finish before February, and numerous other factors, I am meeting myself coming and going.

Leaving work, I sighed, as I often do, "Oh, Jolene, I miss you so."

And then I thought--this would be so much harder if Jolene were here. Mom's illness would threaten her sense of security and she would do something to focus our attention on her.

I miss Jolene--my sweet, loving girl--but I will not miss the added pressure of helping her through this crisis.

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

Guilt has to be a part of any grieving, Darlene. You wouldn't be human if it wasn't.

God bless you.