To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Move those Feet

It was one of those "aha" moments when I wonder, how did I miss that?

In describing the "armor of God," Paul urges us to go "with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace." (Ephesians 6:15, NIV)

I've always taken that to refer to evangelism--readiness to share the good news of Christ as we go. I still believe that's part of the meaning. After all, Isaiah 52:7 says "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who boring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'"

But yesterday our pastor preached about friendship. One of his points was that while shame and guilt keep us from being friendly, in Christ we are free to take risks and reach out to someone else. Because of the peace God gives us, we can move our feet.

A door in my mind opened. I can be ready to go wherever God leads--because He's given me shoes for my feet, made out of His peace. I don't have to be afraid.

What wonderful words of encouragement as I undertake this huge step. All that comes with living in a new city--new job, new friends, new church--God's peace softens and prepares each step I take.

Amen!

For those of you who prayed for my singing: it went well. But something funny happened. I stepped up to the music stand, and the left lens popped out of my glasses. The pianist was already playing the introduction. I took off my glasses, thanked God that I had memorized the verse, and sang. I've been laughing about it ever since.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Aloha Darlene... I had to comment!! I have a similar blog http;//craigstestimony.blogspot.com

The interesting thing is that I also have a site: http;//movethosefeet.blogspot.com for my tennis coaching.

Your testimony in great. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

The internet is so full of junk. I pray that many Christians will take the time to do similar sites as yours to perhaps touch someone who is lost.

craig