To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, July 6, 2009

Lullabies and love songs

I've mentioned before that I make up silly songs, or sing silly lyrics to well-known melodies.

Often I'm singing to my cat, Talia. She follows me around and looks at me with round blue eyes (Siamese blue), and so I add her to my song. "Talia, Talia, where have you been? I've been to London to visit the queen. Talia, Talia, what did you there? I frightened a little mouse under her chair." Every time she hears her name, her ears perk up and she looks at me. Sometimes she graces me by jumping next to me on my bed or onto the computer desk or the box I am unpacking.

I sing to Talia because she is precious to me and because I love it when she knows I'm talking to her.

Do you suppose God feels the same way?

One of my favorite verses from the minor prophets is found in the third chapter of Zephaniah: "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." (emphasis mine. verse 17)

I pray I will hear His song, perk up my ears, and bask in His love.

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Been gone. Nice to catch up on your blog. Praying for you to find some special friends there.
Hugs.