To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, July 20, 2009

MAKE NEW FRIENDS BUT KEEP THE OLD

What a time last week turned out to be. The old Girl Scouts song "Make new friends but keep the old" came true.

I'm starting to get plugged in. On Wednesday night, I visited choir rehearsal. Oh, how I miss choir when I'm not singing. I received a warm welcome from the folks at Southern Hills Baptist Church. They're already working on Christmas music. Christmas in July is more than a catchy phrase at this church.

On Thursday, the lady who invited me to sit with her in church last week called. Friday night, my new friend from last Sunday invited me to join her at Toastmasters. Saturday, I went to a potluck dinner and movie night with the singles class.

(I must have overdone it with all the parties and outings. I got sick on Saturday night and didn't make it to church.)

Silver friends? I like to think so.

And the olden, golden ones. A letter from the man who helped me prepare to move. An email from a former coworker. Another from a friend from my church back in Colorado.

Friends--how needed. What wonderful gifts from the Lord.

Keep Mom in your prayers. She has good days and bad days. Yesterday I mentioned her stay at the hospital. She said, "When was I in the hospital? What for?" Oh, Mom.

Thanks to all of my blog friends.

1 comment:

Kay Day said...

I'm so glad things are going well! Congratulations on the book contracts and it's wonderful that you are making new friends so quickly. It makes things so much nicer, doesn't it?