To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Jolene Speaks

I am looking through some of Jolene's writings and ran across this poem:

Paradise Dream

I stand by the bay and dream of a land
far away in a beautiful place.
My dream is so real it's like I'm in paradise.
I sit on a rock looking out over the sea.
The sun is going down but there
the sun always shines.
Over the sea a cold wind blows but there
a warm cool breeze floats across an island.
I wrap my arms around me.
I know that God is keeping me warm and safe.
Heaven will be like my paradise dream.

Oh, Jolene, it's all that, and more.

3 comments:

Carla Gade said...

That is beautiful, Darlene. I have goosebumps now. You can see how she longed for paradise, something more, and at last she is there.

Tanya Hanson said...

Absolutely beautiful poem, Darlene. Your sweetheart girl is safe and warm in the arms of our father. God bless you. oxoxoxxoxo

juliepollitt said...

That's a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing.