To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

BANNER YEAR

The end is in sight. After staying up until midnight (and even 4 AM on one memorable night), I have finished writing and editing the two books due on Tuesday, February 1st. Now I only need to read through them one final time--and hope I don't discover any major flaws.

As a reward, I get--MORE WORK!

That's right, folks, I have received a two-book contract from Moody Publishers! Moody has contracted with Susan Page Davis, Vickie McDonough, and me for a six book series titled Texas Trails--50 years, four generations, six couples. I am writing the first and fourth books of the series: Lone Star Trail, about the German immigration to Texas in the same year that Texas became a state. A Ranger's Trail jumps forward thirty years to the the "Hoodoo" or Mason County War and the hero is a Texas Ranger. Susan and Vickie take on stagecoaches, Indian captives, a cowboy strike, a school for the blind . . . lots of interesting tidbits of Texas history!

Oh, yes, these are TRADE LENGTH books--my first . . .

I am so excited.

Now, back to work . . .

2 comments:

Susan Page Davis said...

Big congratulations, Darlene! I know the new series will be terrific.

Vickie McDonough said...

Darlene,

I'm remember my first trade fiction sale--it's a big deal. I'm so happy that this all finally came together. Congratulations!!!!