To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

IT'S THAT TIME

This is officially "the week," when Jolene died, when Jaran and Jolene have their birthdays.

This week I heard from a dear friend. She passed a prayer request from another friend. The woman had twin children; her son, I believe, died in a tragic car accident days before his birthday. She said, "I knew you would understand."

Oh, my, yes. For those of you out there who have lost a child. I understand.
For those of you who have lost someone close to suicide. I understand.

I mention it now, just to say, if you ever want to talk, need someone to listen, to pray--feel free to contact me. One of the greatest purposes in our suffering is to pass the comfort I have received on to others.

Maybe it's the pain of losing Ray. Or the dream of Ray.

Maybe it's the time of year.

Maybe it's the hard work facing me. Instead of falling over my proposal with exclamations of  "This is the best thing ever! Publishers will snap it up!", my agent said "This has a lot of potential. Write two more chapters."

Okaayy.  When. I am at the point when I have to write my May novella and June novel, and the nonfiction book takes study and thought and slow writing.

Whatever the cause, I am more tired than usual, and not working fast nor well.  However, in this, too, God is with me. Pray for God's will, and my peace.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Cathy Shouse said...

I appreciate your sharing these concerns. You are in my prayers.