To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

ANOTHER MOMENT IN TIME

The challenge yesterday was to write a poem about a moment in time. I wrote to Rosa Parks, and Martin Luther King. Today, I wrote about another moment in time. When my life as it was ended and then started again. Call it an early "Dancing With Grief" offering.

THE DAY MY DAUGTER DIED
Jolene Elizabeth Franklin
March 13, 2008


I
wait by
the phone late
into the night.
Tick, tock, my heart grows
colder with ev’ry beat.
Will the police never call?
Mother retreats, perchance to dream.
Facebook friends join my pain-filled vigil.
Coroner’s office on caller I.D.
Time freezes, my heart stops. I demand
answers--How? When? Not asking the
most important question: Why?
It cannot be answered.
Dead. Three Days. Hanging.
I disconnect.
“She’s dead, Mom!”
Wailing
Grief

Darlene Franklin copyright 2014

3 comments:

Cathy Shouse said...

This is very sad. I'm sorry for your pain. There is nothing I can say about such tragedy except I am grateful that you are a person of faith. Your talents amaze me and I'm in awe at how you use them in such challenging circumstances. Keep on writing.

While here, I noticed a book giveaway. Here's my address and I'm most interested in fiction but will take either. cathyshouse at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Darlene. Having a moment of silence with our Lord for you.

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry, Darlene.