To become a follower to Darlene's blog, click on the "follow" tab at the very bottom of the screen.

Monday, March 31, 2014

A CASE OF THE GIGGLES

For her sake, I'm sorry that Linda is back, for skilled nursing this time.

But, oh, what a smile to my face.  Linda was my first and best roommate.  A good friend. We would gladly have shared a room together but of course, I am with someone else.

That brings me to my next point. My present roommate. Brenda is about my age. Her mother recently died. Her body ravaged by polio, her speech difficult to understand, when I first moved in, all she did was to cry. She didn't like sharing a room and she missed her mom.

Something changed. Now we giggle - giggile! - about any little thing. The Cadbury bunny commercial. Her nickname of "Princess Brenda the Splendid" to go with mine, Queen Darlene.

We passed a barrier of tolerating each other to enjoying each other.

The gift of laughter is precious indeed.

No comments: